Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spaghetti Night

Tuesday has become Spaghetti night in our house and we skipped it last night so Spaghetti hit the table tonight. In the spirit of full disclosure, I want to note that I had leftover sauce and noodles in my refrigerator from a meal that we recently had with our guests so I used both for leftovers. I will give the instructions to duplicate my normal sauce and the ingredients were on the shopping list so you should be all set.

If you are happy with the amount of veggies in your jarred marinara sauce, I say go with it. I, however; like to add other veggies to disguise them in the sauce. Carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions are a few of my favorites but feel free to add other squash or broccoli even. I use an immersion blender to puree it all together. Sometimes I add meat and other times I don't. Tonight's sauce had turkey meat in it. I have turkey sausage for home made ravioli and some of that could have been used tonight if I didn't have this sauce already on hand. You can even take that sausage out of the casing and make tiny meatballs for your sauce. YUMMY! Boil your noodles and top with the sauce. Serve and be happy that you were able to sneak in a lot of veggies tonight. Beware, too much green stuff makes it a bit more obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment