Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost another week of menus and recipes

I logged on to see that it has been almost another week since I posted. I apologize for not staying up-to-date but I am squeezing in some consulting work in the evenings and generally living so once dinner is digesting, I don't have time to rehash what it was. I will get you caught up here and review this week's shopping experience.

Here is how we ate:

Wednesday: Leftover Chicken Pot Pie

Thursday: Crock pot Roast, Veggies and Rice

I seasoned a roast with a jar mixture of steak seasoning and placed it into the crock pot on low for 8 hours. It was still sliceable (if that is a word) but really tender. I served it along with some brown rice, steam in bag with light sauce corn, and sauteed spinach. For dessert, I made short work of the leftover rice by cooking it with some additional milk (about 1 Cup) and 1 T Sugar. When it was getting thick, I added 1/4 C Currants and Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste. Voila! Rice Pudding.

Friday: Reading Night at my son's preschool where we had hot dogs for dinner. Later that evening, I made snacks for my husband and I including mini roast beef sandwiches, carrots with white bean dip (1 Can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, blended with Tastefully Simple Garlic, Garlic seasoning and olive oil), and clementines.

Saturday: We ate a large lunch out so for dinner, we had leftovers

Sunday: Once again, we ate lunch out and were still pretty full by dinner time but I did make crock pot soup which we will be eating from for lunches this week.

Crock Pot Soup
Combine in the crock pot and cook for 6 hours the following:
1 large Chicken Breast cut into bite sized pieces and sauteed over medium heat (or any leftover chicken you have)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 C Corn - or leftover corn
1 C Chopped Carrots
1 C Chopped Spinach
1 T Herbs De Provence
1 32oz container of Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste

Feel free to add any other veggies or meat that you like. When you are about 30 minutes from being ready to eat, add 1/2 C pasta to the crock pot or cook the pasta separately and add when you serve.

Monday: A late play date and a day of consulting meant hot dogs, pickles, cherry tomatoes, blueberries and strawberries for the boys and a turkey, spinach, mushroom, and cheese omelet with fruit and toast for me and the hubby. Thanks again to my friend's Chickens for the eggs. Here is how I pull together an omelet for two:

Whisk together:
5 eggs
2 T Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

Saute':
1 t Margarine
1 C Chopped Mushrooms
1/2 C Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 t Garlic Seasoning
Remove to a small bowl

Heat Skillet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour egg mixture and lightly scramble but allow the top to stay wet.
When the bottom is set and the egg doesn't drain down the pan when tilted, place the mushroom mixture along the center in a line from one side of the pan to the other.

Add 1/4 C Grated Italian Cheese Blend or your favorite shredded cheese along with
1/4 C chopped deli turkey meat.

Fold one side over the center and then fold the other side over - like you are wrapping it up. Cut it in half and serve this omelet for two!

If you prefer to just scramble it all together, you can do that too! The only rule is, don't cook the eggs until they are dry. They always continue to cook after they hit the plate and if they are done in the pan, they are overdone by the time they are in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment