Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Balsamic Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes, and Veggies



This recipe is going to be vague but you will get the picture.

I used 4 pork loin chops, cut about 1/2 inch thick.

Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and cook in a medium hot skillet with 1 T olive oil, turning occasionally until the juices run clear.


Remove the pork chops to a serving dish and keep warm.

Add 1 minced shallot (I used 1/2 of a large one) to the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly and pulling up all of the crispy bits of pork that remain in the pan.

Add 2/3 C Chicken Stock, 1 T Balsamic Vinegar, and 1/4 t Dried Thyme to the pan and let simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.


Pour over pork chops and serve.

I served them alongside mixed vegetables that steamed in the microwave and some lightly sauteed broccoli that I made in a saucepan with olive oil and the other half of my large shallot.

I also made some roasted potatoes:

Roasted Potatoes:
Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces. I used 4 small potatoes and had leftovers. Toss the potatoes in Balsamic Vinaigrette and cook on a jelly roll pan in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Toss and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment