Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jerk Pork Chops and planning ahead

My husband surprised me with a brand new grill last weekend and I was excited to christen it with pork. I bought a pork loin a while back, cut it into pork chops and froze them into meal servings. While I knew that I would be firing up the grill and spending some time waiting for meat to thaw, I decided to go ahead and pull out some chicken that I seasoned with some Tastefully Simple* Salsa seasoning.


Here is the recipe for the Jerk Pork Chops. Stay tuned for the recipe for the chicken!

6 pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
1 T Jerk Seasoning (I use McCormick's)
1 T Olive Oil
1 T Soy Sauce
1 t Cider Vinegar

Combine the above and marinate the pork chops for 30 minutes.
Cook them over a preheated medium-high grill, grill pan, or under a broiler. Depending upon the thickness of the pork chop, you may need to go longer or shorter...just PLEASE don't overcook the chops, they dry out and become very tough. They should cook until the juices run clear and there is no longer any pink.


I served them with peas (for the kids), a green salad (for the adults), corn on the cob (which also hit the grill), grilled slices of pineapple, and some leftover orzo to which I added jarred Mango Chutney.


There was no hope in getting my boys to try anything "jerk" so I just grilled pork chops for them and served them with ketchup - you do what you have to.

* I have a friend who sells Tastefully Simple as a home-based business. I have added a link to her website on this blog so if you are interested in buying any of the items I mention, you certainly can. I don't make any money by recommending the items. I just like them and help to support her business by buying from another stay-at-home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment